Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sundays

Sundays are one of my favorite days. I'm reminded of why I am here and how I can return to my Heavenly Father. This Sunday in particular was my favorite for a few reasons. I got to go to church with Tyler. Because both of us have big callings we aren't able to go to the same ward like most couples that are getting married. It's tough, but I know we are needed in other places. While we were singing the closing him he started singing in spanish. I had known that missionary work was being done all over the world, but that is when it really got to me. The gospel is the same everywhere. The savior loves all of his children and have made it possible for us to return to him. I couldn't ask for a better gift.

Another thing that really touched me was a little five year old that got up to bare his testimony. There is nothing sweeter or more precious than a childs spirit. We all started out once as those sweet spirits. However, it's our job to keep that way. We all lose sight of what's most important, but I know that keeping the commandments is where true happiness can be found.

Today was the first day that my Relief Society got together. I can honestly say I love them all already. All of them are beautiful, and definitely have something to offer! I just hope I can do as good of a job that they need me to do. I have amazing couselors and secretary! They're all such hard workers and have a special place in my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! It's so true. I didn't know you are the RS Pres! That's a big calling little lady! You're just right for the job. We'd love to see you both come visit soon!

    ReplyDelete